The Community of St. Denys and the Retreat Centre at Ivy House owe their existence
to the energy and commitment to mission of the Reverend Canon Sir James Erasmus Phillips,
Vicar of Warminster (1859 -
During nearly four decades as Vicar, he founded many institutes including the Training Home for Women Missionaries which became the Community of St. Denys in 1879.
From 1881 the Sisters of the Community carried out missionary work in England, India and South Africa.
Currently there are 5 Sisters, none of whom lives in the House. From April 2004 the Community became dispersed and open to professed sisters as well as lay people, both women and men. Services of prayer and worship are held daily in the House.
An illustrated history of the Community, its works, houses and gardens is available in booklet form at Ivy House. Contact the Warden for a copy.
Ivy House is:
We also support Fairtrade.
Our aims are laid out in our ethos.
© Ivy House